Our Relaxed Performances are designed and adapted for people who may find a traditional theatre performance setting challenging.
If you, or someone you'll be visiting Cast with, has a disability, has additional or complex needs, or struggles with sitting in a regular theatre environment, then a Relaxed Performance may be beneficial.
But what is a Relaxed Performance?
- We keep the house lights up, so it won't get too dark at any point during the performance.
- We leave space for you to move about.
- We have an open door policy, so you can come and go as you need to.
- We turn the volume down, so there are no loud bangs or flashes of light.
- We will never ask anyone to leave any performance for making involuntary noises, but you may feel more comfortable knowing that you're in a relaxed environment.
- There will always be someone there to help if you need assistance.
- Ask us about our late comers booths - you can still watch the performance, but in a private environment away from the main auditorium.
Upcoming Relaxed Performances
Tue 4 December 10am - SEN Schools
Sat 15 December 3pm - Families
Sat 29 December 11am - Dementia Friendly
Doncaster's spectacular family Pantomime for 2018. Join the most skilled archer in the land with the adventurous heroine Maid Marion as they rescue the babes and outwit the dastardly Sheriff of Nottingham.
Dementia Friendly Cinema
These Dementia Friendly classic films are a fun and relaxed way to enjoy the magic of cinema specially adapted to welcome people living with dementia, their families and carers in a safe and friendly environment. Includes a free cuppa and biscuits, and a free ticket for accompanying carer.
Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times - Friday 28 September, 1.30pm
Singin' in the Rain - Monday 22 October, 1.30pm
How to Marry a Millionaire - Friday 30 November, 1.30pm
42nd Street - Friday 25 January, 1.30pm
Sing, Swing and Cake Party Mornings
A friendly social for older people, and particularly great for those living with dementia and their families.
Wednesdays 19 September, 31 October, 5 December, 6 February, 1.30pm
Dementia-Friendly Concert with Music in the Round
Join Ensemble 360's Naomi Atherton (french horn) and guest musicians for a fun, friendly and relaxed morning of classical music, tea and cake in a safe and welcoming environment.
Friday 12 October, 11.30am - 12.30pm
If you have any questions about Relaxed Performances, or about access at Cast in general, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com or call 01302 303 959.