Cast is Doncaster’s state-of-the-art performance venue. A place where audiences come to see incredible shows, share creative ideas, get involved and be inspired. To continue to do all this, we need your help and support.
At Cast we...
- present a wide ranging artistic programme in a place identified as seventh from the bottom in England for cultural engagement
- keep our prices low so that world-class culture is affordable and offer the lowest average ticket prices in South Yorkshire
- offer free tickets and bursaries to ensure cost is never a barrier to accessing great culture in Doncaster, one of the most deprived areas in the UK
- support children and young people to learn through the arts, in a borough with low levels of formal education qualifications
- put Doncaster on the cultural map as regular hosts for world premieres by leading national and regional companies
- are proudly at the heart of Doncaster’s civic quarter, attracting an unusually high number of local people with 80 per cent of users living within 30 minutes
- are Doncaster’s largest home for local talent with over 10,000 tickets sold every year for community performance
- produce the UK’s only fully BSL integrated pantomime, reaching out to Doncaster’s deaf community, the largest outside London
- stage large scale and international free outdoor events, the first of their kind in Doncaster, which bring people together to be proud of their town
- are a much needed addition to the cultural scene in Yorkshire, providing a home for artists to develop and make new work
- make our productions and workshops accessible to disabled people in a borough where levels of disability and work limiting illness are 23% higher than the UK average
- Please consider making a donation to support the work of Cast. You can do this when you buy your ticket or by clicking on the button to the right. Or consider becoming a member, making your mark or for businesses there are other opportunities.